Herlewing means “waking up” in Afrikaans. The name is no coincidence. With three interacting spring systems plus 35 hand-created layers of our finest natural materials, we want to take you to a new level of both sleep and wakefulness. Hästens Herlewing is based on the same advanced spring system developed for Hästens 2000T. The springs in the middle mattress are affixed one by one and react individually to pressure. The effect is outstanding: Two people together in the same bed lie in their own sphere, without the movements of one disturbing the other. And there’s more. In the base of the bed are two further spring systems. Carefully adapted to each other, they provide every part of your body with the support it needs. Hästens Herlewing comes also in round shape.
- 2 layers of bolster fabric of outstandingly durable virgin cotton.
- 2 layers of cotton and wool.
- 2 layers of hand-teased A-lyx horsetail hair.
- 1 layer of cotton and wool.
- 2 layers of bolster fabric from exceptionally durable virgin cotton.
- 4 layers of hand-teased J horsetail hair.
- 12 layers of cotton and wool.
- 1 pocket spring system, 15 cm high, with springs that act individually and never hook into each other.
- 4 reinforced corner springs (covered in soft flax), to ensure both comfort and stability when you sit on the edge.
- Reinforced edge springs along all sides, to prevent you from rolling out of the bed and to make it easier to get up.
- Meticulously placed side-stitching, which increases both stability and pliability.
- 4 robust handles on the long sides to make it easy to turn the mattress.
- 1 layer of bolster fabric of outstandingly durable virgin cotton.
- 1 layer of cotton and wool.
- 1 Bonnell spring system, 8 cm high, with machine-knotted coil springs.
- 2 layers of flax that provide sound insulation and conduct static electricity away.
- 1 Bonnell spring system, 13 cm high, with machine-knotted coil springs.
- 1 frame in solid, slow-growing Swedish pine with finger joints, 16.8 cm high.
- 1 layer of cotton lining that protects the bed from below.
- Minimum 4 sturdy legs, recessed to prevent you from stubbing your toes.
Horsetail Hair : The foundation for Hästens beds, Horsehair also comes with its own extremely effective, built-in ventilation system. Each strand of horsehair acts like a miniature airway: a hollow tube with a microscopic capillary action that channels away moisture and lets fresh air in. It is so effective that if you soak horsehair with water and give it a shake, it dries almost immediately. The millions of comfortable natural micro-springs in Hästens beds transport any excess heat and moisture from your body during deep sleep. As a result you’ll fall asleep quicker and enjoy deep, uninterrupted, rejuvenating sleep at the perfect temperature, anti allergy, antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-mite properties that contribute to a healthy, hygienic sleeping environment.
Cotton : Letting the whole body breath easily, Hästens soft cotton allows air to circulate around your body, keeping you dry and comfortable in a healthy sleeping environment. These benefits will help you fall asleep more quickly and stay in deep sleep for longer. Human beings breathe not only through our lungs, but also through our skin. We each have more than 7 million pores that breathe and remove toxins from our bodies. To stay dry and comfortable, it is important to sleep in a bed that breathes and allows air to circulate around your body.
Wool : Wool is warm when you’re cold and cool when you’re roasting, pure wool helps to ensure a good bed climate and works a bit like your bed’s own climate control unit. Also flame-resistant, antistatic, strong, elastic, water-resistant and heat-insulating.
Pine wood : The slow-grown Swedish pine in a Hästens is, in a word, solid. It gives the strength and stability of Hästens, a bearer of quality and reassurance.
BJX TOP MATTRESS : Filled with cotton, wool and high-quality horsetail hair for extra comfort and ventilation. Height: 5 cm.