Hästens Excel is your dependable retreat from the world. Lose yourself in 18 layers of carefully combined horsetail hair, wool, cotton and flax, a double-spring system and reassuringly solid pine frame. Any time you feel the need to recharge, simply seek out this bed’s welcome embrace. Like all Hästens beds, the natural materials in Hästens Excel allow the free circulation of air, ensuring a comfortable temperature for sleep. Its spring systems and wooden frame are encased in natural flax, preventing any components from rubbing against each other. This flax both quietens the bed and cleverly discharges naturally occurring static electricity. Even if you choose to snooze clad entirely in nylon sleepwear, sparks in Hästens Excel will only ever be the romantic kind.
- 2 layers of bolster fabric of outstandingly durable virgin cotton.
- 2 layers of cotton and wool.
- 2 layers of hand-teased horsetail hair.
- 1 layer of cotton and wool.
- 1 layer of bolster fabric of outstandingly durable virgin cotton.
- 2 layers of cotton and wool.
- 1 layer of hand-teased horsetail hair.
- 1 pocket spring system, 13 cm high, with springs that act individually and never hook into each other.
- 4 reinforced corner springs (covered in soft flax), to ensure both comfort and stability when you sit on the edge.
- Reinforced edge springs along all sides, to prevent you from rolling out of the bed and to make it easier to get up.
- 2 layers of flax that provide sound insulation and conduct static electricity away.
- 1 Bonnell spring system, 13 cm high, with machine-knotted coil springs.
- 1 frame in solid, slow-growing Swedish pine with finger joints, 16.8 cm high.
- 1 layer of cotton lining that protects the bed from below.
Minimum 4 sturdy legs, recessed to prevent you from stubbing your toes.
Horsetail Hair : The foundation for Hästens beds, Horsehair also comes with its own extremely effective, built-in ventilation system. Each strand of horsehair acts like a miniature airway: a hollow tube with a microscopic capillary action that channels away moisture and lets fresh air in. It is so effective that if you soak horsehair with water and give it a shake, it dries almost immediately. The millions of comfortable natural micro-springs in Hästens beds transport any excess heat and moisture from your body during deep sleep. As a result you’ll fall asleep quicker and enjoy deep, uninterrupted, rejuvenating sleep at the perfect temperature, anti allergy, antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-mite properties that contribute to a healthy, hygienic sleeping environment.
Cotton : Letting the whole body breath easily, Hästens soft cotton allows air to circulate around your body, keeping you dry and comfortable in a healthy sleeping environment. These benefits will help you fall asleep more quickly and stay in deep sleep for longer. Human beings breathe not only through our lungs, but also through our skin. We each have more than 7 million pores that breathe and remove toxins from our bodies. To stay dry and comfortable, it is important to sleep in a bed that breathes and allows air to circulate around your body.
Wool : Wool is warm when you’re cold and cool when you’re roasting, pure wool helps to ensure a good bed climate and works a bit like your bed’s own climate control unit. Also flame-resistant, antistatic, strong, elastic, water-resistant and heat-insulating.
Pine wood : The slow-grown Swedish pine in a Hästens is, in a word, solid. It gives the strength and stability of Hästens, a bearer of quality and reassurance.
BJ TOP MATTRESS : Filled with cotton, wool, horsetail hair and a thick cotton core that’s soft and supple. Height: 5 cm.