To lie on a Hästens 2000T is to rest on all of Hästens’ heritage. Each lesson learned in our 167-year quest for ideal sleep has been built into this bed. Every profound insight into the human body, our unique knowledge of natural materials, and five generations of craftmanship. It all culminates in Hästens 2000T. Quality and comfort this exclusive is hard to challenge. Yet every year, we test ourselves by refining our methods even further. Take now, for example. Today we partition the horsetail hair into thinner yet more plentiful layers, with even thinner layers of cotton and wool in between. Hand-ruffling the fibers together is an art, requiring patience and dexterity in equal amounts. Naturally, this extra effort is well worth it. The dreamily airy, pliable result is, in our eyes, a masterpiece of comfort.
- 2 layers of bolster fabric of outstandingly durable virgin cotton.
- 2 layers of cotton and wool.
- 2 layers of hand-teased A-lyx horsetail hair.
- 1 layer of cotton and wool.
- 2 layers of bolster fabric from exceptionally durable virgin cotton.
- 4 layers of hand-teased A-lyx horsetail hair.
- 10 layers of cotton and wool.
- 1 pocket spring system, 18 cm high, with springs that act individually and never hook into each other.
- 4 reinforced corner springs (covered in soft flax), to ensure both comfort and stability when you sit on the edge.
- Reinforced edge springs along all sides, to prevent you from rolling out of the bed and to make it easier to get up.
- Piping that gives the mattress its elegant shape.
- Meticulously placed side-stitching, which increases both stability and pliability.
- 4 robust handles on the long sides to make it easy to turn the mattress.
- 1 layer of bolster fabric of outstandingly durable virgin cotton.
- 1 layer of hand-teased A-lyx horsetail hair.
- 2 layers of cotton and wool.
- 1 pocket spring system, 8 cm high, with springs that act individually and never hook into each other.
- 2 layers of flax that provide sound insulation and conduct static electricity away.
- 1 Bonnell spring system, 13 cm high, with machine-knotted coil springs.
- 1 frame in solid, slow-growing Swedish pine with finger joints, 16.8 cm high.
- 1 layer of cotton lining that protects the bed from below.
- Stylish corner fittings in brushed aluminum.
- Minimun 4 sturdy legs, recessed to prevent you from stubbing your toes.
- 1 personal nameplate (can be engraved as required).
Horsetail Hair : The foundation for Hästens beds, Horsehair also comes with its own extremely effective, built-in ventilation system. Each strand of horsehair acts like a miniature airway: a hollow tube with a microscopic capillary action that channels away moisture and lets fresh air in. It is so effective that if you soak horsehair with water and give it a shake, it dries almost immediately. The millions of comfortable natural micro-springs in Hästens beds transport any excess heat and moisture from your body during deep sleep. As a result you’ll fall asleep quicker and enjoy deep, uninterrupted, rejuvenating sleep at the perfect temperature, anti allergy, antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-mite properties that contribute to a healthy, hygienic sleeping environment.
Cotton : Letting the whole body breath easily, Hästens soft cotton allows air to circulate around your body, keeping you dry and comfortable in a healthy sleeping environment. These benefits will help you fall asleep more quickly and stay in deep sleep for longer. Human beings breathe not only through our lungs, but also through our skin. We each have more than 7 million pores that breathe and remove toxins from our bodies. To stay dry and comfortable, it is important to sleep in a bed that breathes and allows air to circulate around your body.
Wool : Wool is warm when you’re cold and cool when you’re roasting, pure wool helps to ensure a good bed climate and works a bit like your bed’s own climate control unit. Also flame-resistant, antistatic, strong, elastic, water-resistant and heat-insulating.
Pine wood : The slow-grown Swedish pine in a Hästens is, in a word, solid. It gives the strength and stability of Hästens, a bearer of quality and reassurance.
BJX LUXURY TOP MATTRESS : Filled with cotton, wool and high-quality horsetail hair that takes springiness to a, new dimension. Height: 5 cm.