LA-Z-BOY LIMITED 10 YEAR WARRANTY
LA-Z-Boy WARRANTS PRODUCT TO THE
ORIGINAL CONSUMER / PURCHASER AS FOLLOWS:
- METAL RECLINING / INCLINING MECHANISM
(EXCEPT AS “2” SEE BELOW) HAS A LIMITED WARRANTY AGAINST DEFECTS
IN MATERIAL AND WORKMANSHIP FOR TEN (10) YEARS FROM THE MANUFACTURING DATE.
- ELECTRIC MOTORS, ELECTRICAL COMPONENTS AND ELECTRICALLY
OPERATED LIFTING AND ROLLING MECHANISMS HAVE A LIMITED
WARRANTY AGAINST DEFECT IN MATERIALS AND WORKMANSHIP
FOR TWO (2) YEARS FROM THE MANUFACTURING DATE.
- ALL FRAME PARTS AND SPRINGS HAVE A LIMITED WARRANTY
AGAINST DEFECTS IN MATERIAL AND WORKMANSHIP FOR (10)
YEARS FROM THE MANUFACTURING DATE.
- ALL OTHER PARTS (EXCEPT AS “5” &”6″ see below) HAVE A LIMITED
WARRANTY AGAINST DEFECTS IN MATERIAL AND WORKMANSHIP
FOR ONE (1) YEAR THE MANUFACTURING DATE.
- PADDING AND FOAM ARE COVERED FOR TWO (2) YEARS FROM THE
MANUFACTURING DATE UNDER NORMAL DOMESTIC USE.
- FABRIC AND LEATHER, SEE WEARABILITY ADVISE ON PATTERN SWATCH.
- SCOPE OF WARRANTY
Warranty Coverage applies only to defects in products that are
used exclusively for personal, family or household purposes by
the original purchaser. It does not cover rental, business,
commercial, institutional, Or other uses.
- CLAIMS AND REMEDY
To make a warranty claim, the proof of the date of purchase is required. Reasonable repair or replacement of defective limited warranty parts will be made through the dealer.
This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights which are in addition to those conferred on you by law and under consumer legislation.
You may contact us for any questions relative to the terms of or obtaining performance under the limited warranty.
LA-Z-BOY reserves the right to discontinue or change parts, models and products or to make substitutions. The exclusive remedy and limited warranty offered by the company and its entire undertaking and obligation with respect to the product are stated above and may not be changed or enlarged by any person, retailer or company without express written authorization of LA-Z-BOY.
IMPORTANT SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
To help you get the best from your recliner, please take a few moments to
read the following information:
- LEGREST: FOLDS DOWN ON CLOSING
To avoid injury: Check carefully for obstructions. Ensure the leg rest is always in closed position whenever the chair is not in use.
- MOVING PARTS:
Can pinch fingers, to avoid injury please be careful of moving parts.
We recommend you do not allow children to operate the chair themselves.
This product is NOT intended for rental use or for use in busines institutions or other heavy-duty applications. It is intended only for personal use in the owner’s home. Maximum safe weight limit 120 Kg.
The reclining mechanism has a limited warranty for 10 years, misuse will render the warranty void.
CHAIR RECLINER TENSIONING:
You may wish to alter your recliner’s action to suit your personal weight, this can be achieved by turning the two adjustable wing nuts located under the chair. By tightening or loosening the wing nuts, you can alter the amount of pressure needed to recline the chair. see diagram below. Occasionally lubricate moving parts
Your recliner needs very little in the way of maintenance, however it is advisable that every 12 months (approx.) the mechanism lightly lubricated.
For Wall Recliner models only: the tracks should be cleaned of accumulated dust and carpet fluff etc.
IMPORTANT SAFETY PRECAUTION:
Always take care when maintaining the mechanism not to trap your fingers.be sure to check for children & pets when lowering leg rest.
- NEVER sit on the leg rest when raised. DO NOT force the handle forward without first pulling it back to the lock position. Furniture with decorative trims will require special care. Remember, fringing and valances are prone to snagging by heels, vacuum cleaners, pets,etc. Furniture will suffer with harsh treatment.
Please DO take care with heels etc and DO NOT allow children to use your furniture as a climbing frame. Much of our upholstery features gathering along certain sewing seams, known as “Comfort wrinkles” this is a random process and will vary from one part of a chair to another.
- Your reclining furniture needs mechanical tolerance in order to work, therefore a certain amount of side to side movement can be expected.
- Your sofa/chair should be well clear of all obstructions before use. Sofas which feature reclining actions need mechanical tolerance in order to work correctly and therefore cannot always line up perfectly after use. Use both ends of your sofa to ensure even wear.
- All our fabrics are labeled on the dealer’s fabric swatch as to wear-ability. Please ensure that you select correct wear-ability range to match your lifestyle.
- Zips are fitted on many cushions to aid manufacture only; covers are not designed to be removed. Be careful with rings, buckles, bracelets etc. They can all catch on your upholstery. If one of the yarns is snagged, simply cut it short, it will be less noticeable.
- Your recliner has been designed to be sat on in comfort, so please use it correctly. Sitting on the edge of the seat cushion and arms will cause premature wearing and distortion of the fillings. The arms in particular come in for a good deal of wear over the years. Try Not to rub your hands over them continually. If necessary, matching arm caps can be purchased for chairs and sofas with fabric covers. Head pillows can also suffer from soiling by hair oil or grease. Please use a headrest cover if necessary.
GENUINE LEATHER: If you have chosen genuine leather furniture, it is essential to realize that the natural characteristics of leather mean that no two hides are ever alike. Although great care is taken to select the hides, it would be impossible and undesirable to obscure all the natural markings, remember these are the living proof of genuine leather.
CREASING AND STRETCHING: Leather is inclined to stretch and will show as creasing to cushion tops. On deep buttoned furniture this can lead to the opening of pleats, this is not a fault but is normal for this type of upholstery.
NATURAL MARKS: These are not faults; they are features of genuine leather that have never been successfully imitated by man.
Upholstered furniture should not be exposed to direct sunlight otherwise fading of the fabric can occur. Protect it by draw the curtains or blinds or by simply placing away from windows.
Even light dust and dirt will increase wear on the fabric and can dull the colors, giving a faded appearance. Occasionally vacuum your upholstery and go over it with a soft brush. NEVER use a stiff fibre or metal brush as this will damage the fabric.
CARE OF LEATHER:
Remove surface dust with a soft duster. If soiled, use a damp cloth and dry immediately with a soft cloth. Regular cleaning and conditioning of the leather with a proprietary brand leather care product will prolong the life of your furniture.
If your furniture is in an exceptionally dry place, for example against a radiator, you may wish to condition the leather with a proprietary hide food. Once per year should suffice.
DO NOT use spray polish or other chemically based products, avoid saddle soap or abrasive cleaners of any description.
Wet cleaning is not recommended unless otherwise specified. Do not attempt to wash your LA-Z-BOY. This can cause colors to bleed and if the padding becomes damp, staining and interior damage can result. For small stains use a proprietary stain remover. In furniture of a “soft loose modern design” a regular dressing programme should be practiced. This involves “plumping up” of a back, seat and arm cushions. This will help your cushions retain their shape and appearance, giving balanced wear.
Acrylic (Dralon and similar) velvets will crease and crush during normal use, creating random shading. These are not wear marks but simply pile displacement.
THIS IS AN INHERENT CHARACTERISTIC OF THIS TYPE OF FABRIC.
NOTHING LASTS FOREVER
Even your LA-Z-BOY will wear out in time. However, with care, this time can be prolonged making your LA-Z-BOY upholstery a continual source of pride and satisfaction.
We cannot accept liability for damage or defect resulting from failure to comply with the above advice and instructions.